<body leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" topmargin="0"><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d11449462\x26blogName\x3dHeyyyyyy.....\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://momthefonz.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://momthefonz.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-3711114797478187044', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>


My name is Mom, the Fonz. .

Monday, February 27, 2006

Temporarily out of order


I know it's been a long time since my last post. "Time marches on" they say and they're right. I can't believe it' s almost March.

Since my divorce, I have lived on my own and was getting pretty used to it after 5 years. A couple weeks ago, my landlord told me they are going to put my house on the market to sell in June and wanted to give me plenty of notice and first shot at buying it. I was in shock. I knew they were going to raise my rent but did not think they would sell. The housing in our area has gone sky high and out of my price range. Since I'm a retired "stay at home mom", the pension isn't that great.
Most of you know that I am close to my kids, especially my daughters. They both offered for me to come live with them. They are so sweet but this wasn't my first choice. I don't want to intrude on their lives and I like having my own space too.
Kathy and Kevin have offered to build on to their home so that I can have a big enough place for me and Sophie. We practically live together already with me being 3 doors down but it is not the same as being in the same house. But this is what we have all decided on that would be best for all of us.
We've been talking to the contractor to come up with a floor plan. He will measure and do some drawing when the rain stops. I am actually getting a little excited about it even tho I am sad at the same time. Giving up my place here is going to be hard. It's been my sanctuary and haven since the divorce, my place of healing and independence. I feel blessed to have kids that care so much about me and are willing to let me and my big dog come live with them. I love them dearly and don't know what I would do without them, they know this because I say it all the time.
So onto another season and passage of my life. It will be an adjustment but I've got some time to pack and get used to the idea. I didn't think that I would live in this home forever but I didn't think I would be moving out so soon either.
I will try to update more but no promises.
Love,
Mom the Fonz

link | posted by The Fonz at 10:20 AM

9 Comments:

Blogger Pissy Britches commented at 11:24 AM~  

It will be ok Fonz.
It always has.
We heart you and can't wait to see your new space!

Blogger Hippo commented at 3:06 PM~  

Hey Fonz,

I thought you were retired! I think this is awesome and what family is all about.

I think you and your daughter will adjust fine and furthermore find it a great decision that gives you privacy and closeness all in one shot.

It is very hard in this housing market to buy anything even if your working. You should not feel, I'll use the word, ashamed that you can't do it on your own.

Their are so many that are just paycheck to paycheck (me included) and for a cold hard hippo like me it warms my teeny little black heart to see this type of help coming from ones own family.

Good luck-make sure you have Dash put the patio, french doors, Plasma TV and Jacuzzi in.

Dr. H.O. Potamus


once its all said

Blogger SoozieQ commented at 7:51 PM~  

You have such a wonderful family. You've done such a fantastic job of raising your kids right.

That being said, I'm sure it's not easy for you to move in with them, no matter how much you love them and they love you.

I know I'd want my Mom (or Dad ~ whoever was left alone) to move in with us but it would be tough on everyone.

Hang in there. Things will work out for the best, I have no doubt.

Take care :-)

Blogger little sister commented at 12:40 PM~  

Wow, Kathy and Kevin are the best! but that's because you're the bestest! :)

Sorry about the sudden upheaval in yuor living situation, though...that has got to suck.

love you, Fonz...you're way cool :)

Blogger The Fonz commented at 6:29 PM~  

Thank you Pissy I've missed coming in here I just don't know what was wrong with me i'm glad you didn't give up on the Fonz.

Thank You hippo that was a sweet comment, I will for sure tell them that.

And Thank You Soozieq I'm so blessed to have such Great Kids.

Little Sister, You are soooo right they are the best.

Blogger Juliabohemian commented at 10:08 PM~  

you could join the peace corps!

Blogger Pissy Britches commented at 6:41 PM~  

Happy Easter!
Hope you are doing well.

Blogger Royce commented at 8:41 PM~  

Just wandered onto your page, but I think that having children that are willing to add on to their house so you can move in is great. It shows what a good mother you have been too, instilling a sense of right and wrong and family. One of the reasons I married my wife is because we have similiar beliefs on caring for our aging parents. They will not stay in a nuring home if we can take care of them!!

Blogger joewarner6363497659 commented at 10:01 AM~  

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

Want to Post a Comment?

back to main page



Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com